A truly wide-angle prime characterized by its advanced optical design and unique physical attributes, the Batis 18mm f/2.8 Lens from ZEISS is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The innovative design of this lens features an OLED display that highlights the focus distance and depth of field range for quickly recognizing your focusing parameters, and autofocus is handled by linear motors that maintain quick, quiet, and smooth performance. In regard to optics, the lens employs a Distagon concept with a floating elements design that maintains consistent sharpness and illumination throughout the focusing range, and a series of aspherical and special glass elements help to control both chromatic and spherical aberrations. A ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to individual elements in order to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity, and the lens also sports a dust- and moisture-sealed design to permit its use in trying environments. Well-suited to interior, architectural, and astrophotography applications, the Batis 18mm f/2.8 blends its extremely wide 99° angle of view with a high degree of functionality.
- A versatile wide-angle prime, this 18mm lens is designed specifically for full-frame E-mount mirrorless digital cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 27mm equivalent focal length.
- Maximum f/2.8 aperture is suitable for working in difficult and low-light conditions.
- Distagon optical concept incorporates 11 elements within 10 groups, and also employs a floating elements design to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Two aspherical elements, five elements made from special glass, and a pair of aspherical elements also made from special glass are featured, and all contribute to significantly reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- Integrated OLED display on the top of the lens shows the distance of the focal plane from the camera as well as the depth of field range for quickly recognizing the parameters of focus in use, even when working in low-light conditions.
- Linear motors benefit the autofocus performance of the lens and provide smooth, fast, and quiet operation. For manual focusing, a rubberized ring offers greater tactile control for precise placement of focus.
- Dust and weather-sealed construction benefits using the lens in inclement shooting conditions.